How much does it cost to register to the Great Lakes Surf Festival?
We have the following purchase options. Those 16 years of age and Under must be accompanied by an adult. These options are:
- General Event Pass $10: Enjoy our free giveaway raffle, yoga, and music. Does not cover surf or SUP beginner lessons.
- Family Pass - $20: Provides General Admission Passes for 8 family member or less with only one person required to register. Kids (16 and younger and accompanied by an adult).
- Beginner Surf Lesson - $25; This 40-minute (25 minute on land and 15 minutes on water) introductory group lesson will help you become familiar with the basics of surfing. We will provide the instruction and board. You will need a Personal Floatation Device and an optional wetsuit. If you have a complimentary admission pass, you may purchase this item as an add-on and simply use you pass to enter the event.
- Beginner SUP Lesson - $15 - This 20-minute (10 minutes on land and 10 minutes on water) introductory group lesson will help you become familiar with the basics of surfing. We will provide the instruction and board. You will need a Personal Flotation Device and an optional wetsuit. If you have a complimentary admission pass, you may purchase this item as an add-on and simply use you pass to enter the event.
- 30-minute SUP Rental - $25 - Rider must be an experienced paddler and an excellent swimmer. We will provide the board, paddle, leash, and a personal flotation device. If you have a complimentary admission pass, you may purchase this item as an add-on and simply use you pass to enter the event.
Registration to the GLSF is not refundable, therefore, we ask that you carefully select your purchase choices.
Do I need to be present at the event to win raffle prizes?
Where can I purchase tickets for GLSF?
GLSF event passes are only available for purchase through our website. No other websites or organizations are allowed to sell or resell these products. Unfortunately, we will not be able to honor any fraudulent passes or reservations that are not purchased through our website.
Are tickets refundable?
Registration to the GLSF is not refundable. Our merchandise are not exchangeable or refundable. Due to this, we kindly ask that you carefully select your purchase choices, products and sizing.
Is beach camping available in 2023?
We no longer offer beach camping.
Is there RV camping available?
Parking will not be available for oversized vehicles.
What are the hours of GLSF?
The main event on Saturday August 12th will start at 12:30 PM and last until 6:00 PM. In case of bad weather, we have two alternate dates. Friday August 11th from 5:00 PM until 9:30 PM or Sunday August 13th from 9:00 AM until 1:30 PM. We will announce any date changes here and also on our social media, two days prior to the event.
Is there an age limit to register?
No. Anyone can register. Those under 16 must be accompanied by a registered adult.
How do I volunteer?
We welcome volunteers. Those interested can register on the site by filling out our volunteer form.
Will there be music?
This year's main music act will be surf rock band The Tenntakills.
What Can I bring/Not bring in to festival ground?
GLSF is a family friendly event and kids are welcomed as long as they are accompanied by an adult. No Pets are allowed on the beach per city rules. No loud music, fireworks, alcohol or drugs.
Will there be food at GLSF?
YES! We will have food vendors at GLSF during the main event on Saturday.
Where can I park?
You must pay for city parking that is adjacent to the event site. You can park anywhere along beach street or at any or Pere Marquette park parking lots. Come early if you want to park close. There is normally a line for people waiting to get in. and some parking spaces can be up to 1/4 mile away.
Is there shade/ rain cover available?
GLSF is an open air event so if there is a chance of rain please bring proper coverage.
Can I bring a pop up tent?
No, our site plan is not built to handle pop up tents, but you are welcome to set them up outside the event space on the beach.
Where can I contact the organizer with any other questions?